Hello, everyone and welcome back to my blog! Last year, I took an unscheduled hiatus to focus on family and mental health. To be honest, I was experiencing a major blogging burn out which I was ignoring for a long while. I had also been struggling with my mental illness for months. So, trust me when I say that it is very, very important to listen to that first hint of unease.
What I didn’t realize back then was that what had once begun as fun has turned into a chore for me. I was constantly pushing myself to achieve unrealistic goals and then berating myself for failing. I didn’t try to understand what my work routine was nor did I praise myself enough for the small victories. I had started this blog to create a safe space for readers but in the process had forgotten to create that for myself as well.
This year I want to change that. This year, I will take my time so that achieving goals is a learning process rather than a mad dash. So below I’m sharing some reading, writing, and blogging goals.
This year I want to focus less on the number of books I read. Instead, I want to choose more classics and backlisted books! So, I’m not yet sure I’ll be participating in reading challenges besides the Goodreads reading challenge.
- SET A REALISTIC READING GOAL i.e. 50 BOOKS FOR 2019
- BEGIN READING THE WHEEL OF TIME
- READ ONE CLASSIC BOOK EACH MONTH
- READ A NON-FICTION BOOK EACH MONTH
In December I FINALLY finished writing the first draft of my Filipino mythology inspired Ghoul WIP. I’m now on to the scariest step of my writing which is having my people read it. There is a perpetual scream stuck in my throat because of this.
- EDIT PART I & II OF GHOUL WIP
- HAVE A WEEKLY SEGMENT DEDICATED TO MY WIP
- SELECT TWO ALPHA READERS FOR GHOUL WIP – PART I & II FEEDBACK SHOULD BE GIVEN
With some new changes in my life, I’m a little unsure yet about what might happen to my blogging. The routine might end up changing eventually.
- PLAN A MONTHLY AUTHOR SEGMENT
- ACHIEVE A 10% HIGHER RATING ON NETGALLEY
- SCHEDULE WEEKLY BLOG HOPPING
- AIM TO ACHIEVE 1,500 BLOG FOLLOWERS
- LEARN MORE BLOGGING SKILLS