I’m very, very excited for today’s post as it’s something I’ve been planning for the past months. I was very nervous about putting this out because firstly, I wondered if setting up a Patreon was a good idea. But that is a discussion for another day. Secondly, I was worried about putting out the details of my writing project. I’ve been working on my Ghoul WIP for a year now and I feared that I would be opening myself up to criticism. However, the small articles I’ve posted before were actually met with positivity and knowing that people cared about my passion project motivated me to share it with you.
This is my first Patreon post for the year 2020. I’m hoping to put up at least one or two more each month going forward. If you are interested in my current WIP, I’ll be posting more about it here. I’ll also have some polls for my Patrons to decide what kinds of posts they would like to read!
PATREON POST SNEAK PEEK!
Today, I’m giving you a sneak peek of my first Patreon post! I will be talking about the media influences on my writing project. Three of the media inspirations have been hidden and will be made available to those on my Patreon. I go into a small discussion about how each of the influences shaped my story.
Magic inspired by Filipino Mythology
Setting inspired by The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang
Plot inspired by Tokyo Ghoul by Sui Ishida
SUPPORT ME ON PATREON
If you choose to become a Patron, depending on the tier you choose, you will get
– exclusive Patreon only posts
– videos where I either review books prior to posting the review on my blog or talk about my current novel
– a chance to vote on polls for my upcoming discussions, my TBR, and writer posts
– a sneak peek at my current novel and early previews of my character commissions
– a sneak peek into a podcast that is in the works
By supporting me on Patreon, you are helping me
– buy medications for my mental illness
– save up for my spousal visa
– pay and sustain my platform
– build my author platform and invest in writer things (like character sketches, sensitivity reading, hosting giveaways, etc.)
If you are not in the position to support me on Patreon, that’s alright! Please know that I will not stop blogging!
I created Patreon as a way for me to support the costs of running my blog! You can also choose to do a one-time donation through my Ko-Fi!
Check out my related posts
Which books have inspired you?