Surprise, surprise! I got nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award which is insane! I mean, someone out there actually finds me creative and inspiring! Thank you, Taylor from Nerd Narration for being so amazing!
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
THE RULES FOR THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD:
THANK THE PERSON WHO NOMINATED YOU AND LINK BACK TO THEIR FABULOUS BLOG
ANSWER THE 11 QUESTIONS SENT BY THE PERSON WHO NOMINATED YOU
NOMINATE 11 NEW BLOGS TO RECEIVE THE AWARD AND WRITE THEM 11 NEW QUESTIONS TO ANSWER
LIST THE RULES AND DISPLAY THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD LOGO IN THE POST
QUESTIONS FROM TAYLOR
- What has been your favourite read so far this year?
I feel like a lot of my favourites are books with the capability of ripping my heart into minuscule pieces. Would books be magical if they couldn’t do that?
I really loved reading The Book Thief by Markus Zukas. I’m never getting over that book and will definitely need multiples copies of it.
- What song would you recommend to get us pumped up for the weekend?
I’m a huge fan of old music! I’d recommend anything by AC/DC or The Doors or Etta James or Nina Simone. If you’re want a more contemporary artist, definitely Paramore or Panic! At The Disco.
- If you were going to get a tattoo based off a book what would you get and why?
“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me.” – Jane Eyre
This book means so much to me.
or “Curiouser and curiouser!” – Alice in Wonderland.
I think that just describes me very well. I’d probably add the Cheshire Cat next to it.
or “I am haunted by humans.” – The Book Thief
This really speaks to the poet in me.
- What’s a secret talent you only bring out on rare occassions?
Well, it wouldn’t be a secret talent if I told you now, would it?
*tries to hide her talentless ass behind a book*
5. What are your favourite kind of posts to reads?
Hmm….discussions post. Besides literature related posts, I like reading some lifestyle blogs and Brain Pickings.
6. Follow up: Do you actually read them or are you a skimmer?
It depends. Sometimes when I can’t concentrate, I skim through them. But I always like posts when I plan on reading them properly later on.
7. Who’s your fictional crush and who would you cast IRL to play them?
Matrim Cauthon from The Wheel of Time. I have the biggest and most embarrassing crush on him.
Can I say Ezra Miller? Not because they look alike but…I just…my two crushes…you know… *blushes furiously*
8. If I came over for a junk food/movie night – what are we watching and what are we eating?
You wouldn’t be wishing this unless you enjoy horror movies! I love watching horror movies with spicy tapioca chips. It’s a habit I picked up from my dormer days.
Buuut if horror isn’t your thing, I enjoy historical movies 🙂
9. What is go-to guilty pleasure book?
Illusions of Love by Kasey Michaels. First romance book I actually enjoyed.
10. Who was the first artist/band you saw live in concert?
Never been to one! If I did though, I’d choose Panic! At The Disco, Pierce The Veil, or Mayday Parade.
11. What’s one of your favourite book quotes?
I love collecting curse words or dramatic words from books. It makes me feel fancy. I can go from, “What fresh hell is this?” to “Blood and Bloody Ashes!” to “How about a kiss for your jailbird brother?”
I’d like to think I’m pretty suave.
- Name a hero you’d think would make a ruthless villain.
- If there’s one antagonist you could choose to conquer the world with, who would it be?
- What’s one song you’d love to know the story behind?
- Do you keep a journal?
- A recent book that everyone’s hyping over but you just aren’t tempted to pick it up?
- What’s the hardest thing about being a bookworm? Nothing money related or TBR related!
- Which animal would you take life advice from?
- Do you wear jewelry? What’s your favourite?
- A villaionous female character who deserved better.
- What do you love about yourself?
- What do you love about the literary community?
I can’t wait to read everyone’s answers! Thank you for inspiring me and your readers! Keep shining!
Thanks, Taylor! You sweetheart!